Rumor: Chrono Trigger sequel Chrono Cross remaster might be coming

Started by Æon, Nov 24, 2021, 11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Æon

According to an articled over at VGC, there are numerous signs that Chrono Cross, a sequel to the popular Chrono Trigger, might be getting a remastered version, and that it will be "multi-platform" suggesting that a Switch version would also be possible. 

• Chrono Cross was one of the many unannounced titles in an nVidia leak in September
  • An Irish folk singer did a radio interview where she said she recorded a track for a big game that would be announced for Playstation this holiday season
  • XboxEra co-founder Nick Baker has stated that remake will be "Chrono Cross Remastered"

According to Nick Baker:

Quote"Chrono Cross Remastered, I think, was already on the Nivida leak list, so the game shouldn't be a surprise – it was on Nvidia's list. But I was told that that VGC article is about Chrono Cross Remastered... What else I was told—because everyone's working under the assumption that it's a PlayStation exclusive—I've been told that it's not. The only word that was used was 'multiplat'... Now, when I hear JRPG and multiplat, I automatically assume PC, PlayStation, Switch, that's my assumption. That's not what I was told, that's just my assumption. All my source said to me was 'multiplat'. That's what they said, they told me it wasn't PlayStation exclusive."

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/the-upcoming-big-playstation-remake-is-reportedly-chrono-cross/

59 Guests, 0 Users